An international student refers to an applicant who is not a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States who takes on-campus classes. International students must meet all of the stated admissions requirements and follow the same application procedures specified in this catalog. International students are under United States Government regulations and procedures, which are important to understand and observe.
Additionally, international students must submit the following:
1. TOEFL Score
The Test of English as a Foreign Language normally is required of applicants for whom English is not their first language. For the Bachelor of Arts and all master’s programs a minimum score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 79 (Internet-based) is required for acceptance. For the Doctor of Ministry program the following minimum scores are required: 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based), or 100 (Internet-based).
The TOEFL score may be waived if the applicant can demonstrate through transcript, and writing/oral skills that they possess the English competency necessary to achieve and maintain satisfactory academic standards.
2. Financial Resource Statement
The applicant must show evidence of adequate financial resources to live and study in the U.S. This includes an official summary statement or affidavit of available financial support from the student, the student’s family, or other financial guarantors in the U.S. or the home country of the applicant. An official bank statement verifying financial resources for a year of study must be submitted.
In order for the applicant to receive the Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) to obtain the visa for non-immigrant students, the following conditions must be satisfied:
- The applicant must have final approval of admission as a full-time student having met all admissions requirements;
- The applicant must be registered with the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and be issued an official SEVIS registration number;
- The applicant must be willing to uphold all institutional standards, abide by student policies, and maintain full-time student status and satisfactory academic progress; and
- The applicant must submit the institution’s I-20 processing fee ($250) and the I-20 shipping fee to international addresses ($45).
Note: Contact the Office of Admissions ude/yranimeshtiaf//snoissimdafor further information and relevant forms pertaining to international student admission.